HEADLINES

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Juan Williams, Liberal, Not Liberal Enough For NPR

Ah, litmus tests. The left loves them. And tonight, NPR and Fox News commentator Juan Williams got hung by one. Did Fox News fire Juan Williams? you ask. I mean, that would be the natural guess, right? You know the fascist thought bullies over there. But no. NPR fired Juan Williams for giving his honest opinion. It wasn't politically correct. Here's what Juan said:

O'REILLY: Continuing now with our lead story, danger from the Muslim world.

Joining us from Washington FOX analysts Mary Katharine Ham and Juan Williams.

So, Juan, I got to tell everybody, own up to this, that talking points memo was really written by Alan Colmes.

So, where am I going wrong there, Juan.

JUAN WILLIAMS, FOX NEWS POLITICAL ANALYST: Well, actually, I hate to say this to you because I don't want to get your ego going. But I think you're right. I think, look, political correctness can lead to some kind of paralysis where you don't address reality.

I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.

Now, I remember also that when the Times Square bomber was at court, I think this was just last week. He said the war with Muslims, America's war is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don't think there's any way to get away from these facts.

But I think there are people who want to somehow remind us all as President Bush did after 9/11, it's not a war against Islam. President Bush went to a mosque –

O'REILLY: Well, there isn't any theology involved in this at all from my perspective, Juan. But you live in the liberal precincts. You actually work for NPR, OK?

WILLIAMS: Yes.

Now here's the thing, nine times out of ten, I'm yelling at the screen when Juan is giving his opinion. I'm not alone–Michelle Malkin talks about directly arguing with Juan. One time out of ten, he'll say something that makes sense and I'll wonder how on earth such a sensible opinion can come from a guy who is so often otherwise wrong.

That is to say, I disagree, vehemently with Juan Williams on nearly everything.

And yet, I don't want him to lose his job just because he says something that someone might deem offensive or disagree with. Hell, nearly every lib on the Fox network, and many conservatives, say ridiculous things that are disagreeable and often offensive to the average person. Unless someone is a vile hatemonger, a person should feel that he will keep his job even if it's outside some p.c. orthodoxy.

What is wrong with liberals? Michelle goes on to document how they're behind Juan's firing. I find it inexplicable. But then, they've had it in for Juan because he deigns to commentate on Fox which just grinds their gears. He's like a lib in a short skirt, he had it coming.

P.S. Clearly, NPR is not a neutral organization. They need to be defunded. Now.

UPDATED:

Media Matters, Eric Boehlert demonstrates his intolerance:

"Note to Juan Williams, when you go on Fox and announce "I'm not a bigot, but…." bad things are going to happen; http://nyti.ms/bdBJWv

And CAIR is there, too:

The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) said that during an appearance Monday on Fox's "O'Reilly Factor," Williams backed Bill O'Reilly's recent claim that "Muslims killed us on 9/11″ and then said: "[W]hen I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Well, this will send a message to liberal commentators. Toe the line, libs, or you'll be lynched mobbed.








Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heritage Foundation

DrudgeFeed.com - Drudge Report RSS feed

RedState

Right Wing News

RenewAmerica

Hot Air » Top Picks

Conservative Outpost

Conservative Examiner

Michelle Malkin

Big Government

Big Journalism

Big Hollywood

Pajamas Media